The National Capital Territory (NCR) government in Delhi is inviting online applications to register 10,285 home guard positions. The application form can be submitted through the website delhihomeguards.nic.in only. The opening date for submissions is January 24, 2024 and the closing date is February 13, 2024.
Registration is for three years, extendable for two years. 15% has reservation for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidates. One-third of vacancies in each category are reserved for women. In addition, the remaining 10% is reserved for former soldiers, if not reserved, for former CAPF personnel and, failing that, for all applicants.
Criteria For Eligibility
To be eligible, candidates must be citizens of India and residents of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. Must be between 20 and 45 years of age, except ex-servicemen and ex-CAPF personnel up to 54 years of age. The educational qualification is 12th pass for most candidates and 10th pass for ex-servicemen and ex-CAPF personnel. The minimum height requirement is 165 cm for men and 152 cm for women.
Enrolment will be based on two methods: Physical Measurement Knowledge Test (PMET) and Written Test (WT) with bonus marks. Only those candidates will be eligible for the written test. The written test consists of 80 multiple-choice questions and will cover a variety of topics including mathematics, general science, logic and reasoning, and current affairs.
Bonus points will be given for NCC certification, experience as a home guard and experience in civil defence. The final selection will be based on the overall marks obtained in the written examination and bonus marks accepted. Where candidates receive equal marks, preference will be given to those with the best written examination results, in order of height, age and name.
For full official pdf, click here- OFFICIAL PDF
The results will be announced once the selection board has finalized the qualifications. Selected candidates will undergo a medical examination to assess their behaviour and prognosis. A police certificate must also be provided.
There is an application fee of ₹100, which has to be paid online. Fees are non-refundable.
Method of Application
- Visit the DG Home Guard website to submit an online application for Home Guard enrolment.
- Create an account on the enrolment site to obtain a password and user ID.
- For future applications, use the same login information.
- Within the given timeframes, qualified individuals may submit an online application.
- Take time to read and heed the directions.
- Applications submitted online alone will be accepted.
- Give exact information because after it is submitted, it cannot be changed.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- During document verification, final eligibility will be ascertained after preliminary scrutiny.
- fulfil the requirements in terms of age, education, and other factors as of January 1, 2024.
- Candidates are only permitted to submit one online application.
- Upload a current, plain-coloured, high-resolution photo.
- No amendments or revisions to the application will be Permitted.
- To prevent rejection, make sure your signature and photos are readable and clear.
ⒸCopyright 2024. All Rights Reserved Powered by Vygr Media.